No Loyalty from customers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Aug 16, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have had an account for two years. The account was a weekly sometimes bi-weekly mowing, $35.00 for the service.

Then, without notice, she calls and says that she bought another house and needs to get a bid on it. I give one. Come to find out, it's exactly the same as the guy that's been mowing the property BEFORE she bought it. Guess who she chose? Not me. SO I call her and ask her why. She says it's because he knows the lawn.

Just great. :angry:

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

She should stick with you, most people like to have just one mowing guy. How much can there be to know about a lawn?

3. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

When I called her back I was real non-confrontational. I asked her to consider me next her and if she would, could she just tell me honestly why she chose the other guy. Her information would help me improve my customer service (this is what i told her).

She simply said, "he just knows the lawn. He's been mowing it all year."

I have to wonder. I saw this in the car biz and hated it.

4. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

Maybe I didn't say this right, I'm loosing her altogether to this guy. She's moving and she's switching lawn service entirely.

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

In that case, if you've analyzed your self and you're biz practices, and can't find any thing wrong.. Add her to your trick collection and forget her.. As long as she doesn't owe you..LOL