No luck with flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ghfire, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

Passed out close to 500 flyers this past week. Not one call or email. This sucks all this fancy equipment and only accounts from family friends.
  2. TimmayB4

TimmayB4 LawnSite Member
    from OB,MS

what did your flyer look like?

What houses did you target? new homes?

Where did you put the flyers? in mailbox?
  3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you screwed up with the content of that flyer? What did it say?
  4. wiredawg

wiredawg LawnSite Member

Don't get too excited yet...I put out 300 a month took me 3 weeks before I got the first e-mail. I now have gotten 4 accts from that neighborhood.
  5. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

It's a basic flyer, logo, name of lco, a little about myself, services offered, contact information, nothing intimidating. I will upload it tomorrow for some review. The neighborhoods I targeted have homes from $160,000 to 300,000, from old to young.
  6. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

You need to pass out 8-10k if you really want to light up the phone. We do this 3-4 times per season. I just think first the season is just getting going and with the economy in the midwest well it doesn't seem to be as good as years past.
  7. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I've done about 550 nearly a week ago. No call or anything yet either. Just keep on going for it and it will come. This weather ain't helping. some people hopefully will be holding on the flyers 'til they need the service or shortly b4. At this rate we won't be seeing any grass growth 'til probably the after the 1st week in April; a bit later than last year by a week or two. Oh well.
  8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

stay at it.500 really isn't a lot of flyers
  9. flhntr

flhntr LawnSite Member

in my area the flyers were not a big hit either try direct mailing
  10. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

are you guys serious? only 300 and 500 flyers? you guys will neet to pass out at least 10 times that many to get any responses.