1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

no more double mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by garth1967, Dec 9, 2005.

1. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

thats it , no more. the first time i met this customer she said she wanted her lawn mowed every 3 weeks.fine .but since then it gets to 4 weeks , 6 weeks. well i said to the crew today put it on the highest notch and leave the clippings.then i go and check the meter box for payment and what does she leave there ...a check with a lovely christmas card.never mow in your street, how many times have i said it to myself and to you people .she is a school teacher. thats why i was kind.bugger im just venting here .
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Man, its unfortunate how people can be sometimes, you did what you were asked if i understood everything right, maybe if you weren't too mad and even if you still didn't want the account, at least call and find out what went wrong. Just a suggestion though, good luck
  3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Don't even worry about it and call that one a learning experience. I'm guessing you don't work with contracts? Maybe it's time to start.
  4. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I must be missing something here but I don't understand this post at all.
  5. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

Am i missing something,she left payment AND christmas card?what's the problem?
  6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

ya i'm lost
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Can you really mow effectively after 3-4 weeks of growth over there? I'd be afraid of all kinds of wigglies after 3 weeks...lol You're better off not giving in to people's demands, mate. You set the rules, not the clients. Cheers!:waving:
  8. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Me too.??????? Maybe it's an Aussie thing. ;)
  9. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

I was suppose to mow a yard every 2 weeks. She does the same thing. Says she will call next time it needs mowing. Next thing you know its been 4 weeks before she calls. She thinks if the whole yard isnt tall it doesnt need mowing. She would even get out sometimes and weedeat down the tall spots here and there so she could wait another week. It never failed that when i showed up to mow she said mow as low as you can. It was never short enough for her. thats one yard I wont be mowing next year. The lady goes to my church and i always tried not to complain bout how picky she was. My workers hated to mow the yard cause she always wanted them to go back and trim or mow shorter.
  10. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have an "AUSSIE to ENGLISH" dictionary?