NO MORE Fertilizer at HOME DEPOT NEXT YEAR

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Nick's Neat Landscaping, Nov 22, 2009.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

bx,

You just seen guys applying in shorts and tank tops 2 weeks ago.

They must be tough because nobody has worn shorts around here for months! :dizzy:

It wasn't hardly even warm enough here in July to wear shorts!

There is nothing wrong with applying on a lawn that has pets as long as the REI is followed! That is up to the homeowner...not the LCO!

2. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

Really it has been high 50's to almost 70 the other day (not OHIO here bud)...:hammerhead:

Heck in late Sept here (BIG E time) it was in high 70's..But I am sure if your customers said something you would ditch them...BONG

Point is if they have pets they should not be applying in that area..And I know the owners...

Lastly, "I see clowns on both sides llicensed or not"

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

When you say the northeast...I would think that you would be as cold or colder then me! Where are you located to where you would be wearing shorts in the NE?

It hasn't been short weather here since Aug at the latest but who cares!

4. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

It higher then you! In fact, I was in the same as above the other day (thursday, windows open etc)..Today snow...Point is, said before it is not rocket science here; aka do not make it harder then it is. Everyone has their own bag but read the label.

But when a "pro" tells a homeowner (me) Dim 2EC will stop POA I laugh (been there)...I use Prograss 1.5EC for that. Or the irrigation comps that wants $9,000 to 10K to install a system I did for <$1800 in days. Again I see clowns on both sides.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

There not clowns to charge money to do some thing you dont have any over head and proubly didnt do it the way they would have 2ec wont stop poa if you apply it like you do for crabgrass wrong timing
    we have had some great weather here just south of rt 70 we to have lot of 70 deg day just up to the other day now 1 1/2 of snow they said 37 to day never made it past 29 on this side of the hill
    Charles Cue
    roudy you like to argue with this guy seems like you always doing it

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i now it is colder outside right now than this morning. looks like sleet for us soon too. last week it was really nice for Thanksgiving and then turned downright cold, teens for the nights

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

yep...a little!

It is easy to argue with homeowners that think they know it all!

8. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

From what i have read he knows it all
    Charles Cue