No more GM Med. Duty Trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PTSolutions, Jun 8, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

Announced today that GM will wind down production of its medium duty truck line. article also mentions that its duramax plant will be affected. im feeling better and better about our decision to go with Ford every day...and i am not brand loyal, we have owned dodges and chevrolets.

link to article:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31170969

2. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

I guess Obama didn't like them very much. Drove too much like a truck and not a car.

3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

GM has been bankrupt since 2006. Only because of gracious bond holders has GM avoided the sale of their medium duty truck line. International signed a memorandum of intent to possibly purchase the truck line, and then backed out last year.The Duramax diesel will suffer, under the government control.

I was born in Flint,Mi dad had.40 years with GM he died back in 1996, worked at every plant in Flint. Many old timers, including my dad perdicted GM would fail, and would not allow me to work for GM out of highschool, oh am I glad I listened. Only chance is their will be limited production of med trucks.

This is the Obama plan he is doing as he planned reduce or cancel all work trucks, soon we will be totally dependant on the government to move goods, and provide serivce's taking control of transportation is key to a move toward communism
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device
    That has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read ANYWHERE!!!!

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Good riddance, I never liked those trucks, they always looked kinda "flaming".

Posted via old skool typewriter 'yo.

6. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever happened to the deal where Navistar was thinking about buying GM's medium truck line? I know it fell thru, but don't recall why.

7. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Poor management, lack of corporate wisdom, shareholder milk cow treatment, UAW, marketing a dozen brands with the same substandard products, fat gas guzzling vehicles destined for the dump ... there is no reason, there's tons or reason why GM failed.

It always comes from the top. Ever smelled a fish? It stinks at the HEAD! GM was and is led by outsiders, big oil, foreign investors, turbo capitalists. Big oil killed the GM electric car a decade ago and erased it from history. Big oil introduced the hummer which is totally useless. Investors jacking prices and parts, easy money. And now they want to chew off what remains of the carcass, and some joker is going to buy GM for pocket change. A shame, so much for that.

Hey Ron, I love them kittens :cool2:.

8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Ignorant statement #2. The hummer was created for the military for an all terrain transport vehicle. It was later adapted for recreational use because of high demand. The electric car that big oil supposedly killed wasn't viable; battery technology is just becoming advanced enough to allow electric cars travel long distances and to be charge quickly.

9. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Who cares about GM now a days anyways? :laugh:*trucewhiteflag*

10. Cub Cadet YANMAR.

Cub Cadet YANMAR. LawnSite Member

GMs med duty trucks werent that great in my eyes seen a few sat in a few if you going to spend money on one of those things get a good truck like a international or pete/KW even a ford f750. An the Duramax didnt belong in thoses trucks to begin with why would i buy a GMC 8500 with a 7.8 duramax with 300hp an 860lbs of torque when you can get a pete 335 with a 8.3 cummins (paccar motor) with 330hp an 1000lbs of torque for about the same price with a better cab an better dealerships an getting parts for the cummins is eaiser then the duramax. IM a GM fan but i dont feel sorry for them at all there wonderful CEOs are putting them in this sence they still need there big bucks. If i was going to buy a new pickup Id get me a 6.7cummins an do a DPF delete kit an you will have the best truck out there.