1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

no more kawaski motors for us

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Sep 2, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: i currently own 2 motors, a 17 and a 21 hp. the 17 smokes when you start it and ive also been through 2 coils and when going through warranty it was nothing but grief, they seem to feel that they produce a flauless product. evrything wrong with it was our fault and not under warranty. the 21hp uses oil and is always dropping cylinders, again kawi feels that this is our fault and feels im on my own.

all my other engines are kohlers and even when my motor was almost a year out if warranty they replaced the blown motor no ?'s asked.

i spent the extra money for the kawi and im not really impressed, though quiet they are very tempermental.

just needed to vent a little. tony
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

My Kawi kicks butt.
  3. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Smoke when ya start it! um...mine does that, I think most do with the choke on at startup. My feelings are 180 degrees from yours...never, never, never again will I own a Kohler.
  4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have mixed emotions about Kaw. Love the power, but can't stand the company. Kaw is never at fault, there product never goes wrong!!! I have three Kaw's right now. I'm done buying them. The Kohler might not be as good in my opinion, but Kohler won't question anything.
  5. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I just had a 15 kohler blow with under 100 hours and kohler wont replace or fix it! they said it was my fault, it blew AT THE DEALER...UNDER HIS SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION! It took it in for valve noise :angry:
  6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I myself would own nothing else but Kaws
  7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

thats why they make different flavored Jelly beans. I'm done with Kaw and giving Kohler another chance. I have had problems with both companies, but I refuse to put engines on that often like I have had to do with Kaw.
  8. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have run both Kohlers and Kawasaki's. I recently bought new equipment and specified Kawi as the motors. I have had good luck with both, but I still prefer the Kawi. As far as problems with the companies, that is a new one to me.
    Hope you get it figured out.
  9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Problem solved.
  10. CoachLinz

CoachLinz LawnSite Member

The Honda I put on my Bobcat w/b when the Kawi went up is running real nice....quiet too and starts on first pull every time.