No more Low Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Apr 23, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I was given a portable air tank from my dealer today. I am always complaining about having low tire pressure while going thru my daily route especially in the summer. This should fix the problem, at least for now. I am going to have it bolted to my new box that I am having attached to this trailer on Friday. Will add a longer air tube and I will have a winner.

DSCF0242.JPG

DSCF0243.JPG

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Sweet. I have an air tank similar to that. Think I will have to start carrying it with me.

3. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I have a small compressor bought from sears about 12 years ago that I carry.Its electric and small....about 5"wide x 6" tall and 12" long. It will fill trailer tires up too.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I carry a large one of those on my trailer too. I made a longer hose, long enough to reach off the trailer and all 4 trailer wheels. If I see a low tire on the trailer I can air 'er up, same with low tires on the mowers. I have slime in the mower tires, but sometimes air can excape past that stuff, or if I get some COLD weather then some stuff needs a shot of air. I have a quick connect plus a small ball valve I added to mine so I can fill it FAST with my garage compressor.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've never had the need to fill my tires up while in the field unless one of them has a leak. You guys are checking air pressures as part of your weekly maintainance aren't you?

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I check tire prssures, yes. My trailer tires are nail magnets...

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I just never have had this problem guys............

am I lucky, or Just asking for it ????

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If you having leaks often, slime it.....

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

don't bolt the tank down.....you may need it to walk out to a mower that got a flat tire, more than 10 feet away from the truck....

Also. FWIW Old Propane Tanks that don't have the OPD valves can be used as air tanks as well... All you need is a guage and fill valve

10. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

what do you guys run for tire pressure on W.B.'s