No more Round up for me

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pjslawncare/landscap, May 9, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Been using Round up concentrate untill this weekend when I piked up a bottle of this stuff called Spectracide tripple threat (or something like that). Sprayed the weeds out back yesterday & now their almost brown & crunchy. It seemed to take one to two weeks for Round up to get them.

2. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Hay try a product called quick pro, sprayed in the morning dead as a door nail next morning.:alien:

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

where do you get it?

4. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere Landscapes here in Charlotte sells it. If they have one by you I bet they would sell it. Quickpro is a granular product that you dissolve in water. Comes in a jug that looks like Tide or some other laundry detergent. Says it's "powered by Roundup."

I just saw it at Deere Landscapes yesterday and once my Prosecuter from Lesco runs out I will probably pick up a jug of this stuff. I belive it was 102 for 6.8 pounds. Not sure but thats what I remember.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I stay with my slow working generic roundup thats $14 a gallon when I buy a 30 gallon shuttle. Dead is dead.

6. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

If you are lucky to get your hands on a product called Accord. By all means grab it.

A 1/4 cup of granules mixxed with 250 gallons of water. It will kill everything that it touches from grass to Multi Foral Roses.

7. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Ranger Pro by Mansanto - same thing as Roundup Pro, same company. Cost = $75.00 per 2.5 gallons

8. jrwinter74

jrwinter74 LawnSite Member

Buccaneer Plus is what we use,...$48.00 for 2.5 gallons and mixed 4 oz. to 1 gallon of water. Been using it since Monsanto lost the patent on RoundUp but your mix sounds good too. It does take a couple of weeks to act though. I'll check on that tomorrow. JW

9. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Round Pro has Diquat in it .
    I started using Honcho , glyfosate for $67.00 2.5 gal

10. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

Just picked up the prosecuter granular which is the same as the QuickPro-Both work very well inside a 24hr span. They are the same thing with different labeling. The addition of Diquat seems to be key in the speed of the product