No more Scag Sabre Tooth Tiger??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 02DURAMAX, Jan 18, 2007.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Did Scag stop offering the Sabre tooth tiger??...Because in the new 2007 Commercial mower Catalog it's not in their...And now they offer the Turf Tiger with the 25hp kubota Diesel.:confused: :confused:
  2. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

I got my 2007 brochure today and you are right they don,t have anything about the sabre tooth tiger. i will be looking real hard at that kubota engine that they are going to put on the turf tiger. that looks like a sure winner to me.
  3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

They still list it on their web site.
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic
  5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Let me email a dealer i know and find out the scoop from him. might be tom before i hear .

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

NO, this can't be true they don't update there sight.
  7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would assume their website isn't updated to 2007 information.
  8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I agree that the website is not updated....
  9. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I suspect the Sabre tooth was getting to expensive to build. It has 21cc pumps and 22cc wheel motors, with a 350lb pto clutch. The 31hp turbo diesel engine costs 5 grand by its self. The radiator is 1k. The 25hp kubota is much cheaper to buy, and don't require the heavier duty pumps and wheel motors.
    If its true that they stopped production, they will still have some in stock in their wharehouse. The last time I checked you could still get left over cougers.
  10. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I just read my email from the Scag dealer and he isnt clear on this himself if they have did away with this machine . He did say that his price books still show the turbo diesel unit but it isnt in the new cataloge . He also said at around 20 grand it wasnt the best seller and i can see why at that price . he also said at Midwest equipment ( warehouse) they had 4 left . He also told me that he just sold a new 06 unit , iam assuming he meant the sabre tooth with the turbo.