No more Sentar?!

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by jsf343, Oct 29, 2011.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36" Sentar and LOVE that mower! I went to the website to look for a larger deck model and I don't see sentar even being offered anymore, am I looking in the wrong place or have they been discontinued? Is there ANYTHING even offered with a seat anymore?

2. greenpoint

greenpoint LawnSite Member

The "sport" is availble with a seat - not sure if the sport is officially replacing the sentar though...

3. jsf343

ahhhh... OK.

Thanks Greenpoint.

4. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

jsf343,

Your 36" is a Sentar Sport which we still make in the 36", 42", 48" and the 52" but they will be called Sport RH's now. The Sport X is replacing the full size Sentar which we stopped making earlier this year and will come in the 48", 52" and 61" deck sizes.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

5. jsf343

Any big (or new) changes from the Sentar to the new model?

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Hopefully the deck

7. WrightCommercial

jsf343,

Yes, one of the biggest changes was in fact to the deck. The new Sport X has our AeroCore Deck. Please click on this link to see what it's all about!

http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=wright.welcome

Best regards,

Wright Manufacturing

8. jsf343

can you still use the mulch kit on it? I really love the mulch kit on my Sentar right now.

what other changes? pumps the same?

9. WrightCommercial

jsf343,

Your 36" is a Sentar Sport so the new Sport X is quite different. The Sport X basically falls between your Sentar Sport and the discontinued full size Sentar. If looking to get the smaller deck size then you would want a Sport RH (the new name for the Sentar Sport). The Sport X will only come in the 48", 52" or 61" deck sizes. The deck is quick adjust for height but on chains so it is not rigid like your Sentar Sport, the footplate is spring loaded for more comfort if using while standing. The pumps are 12cc w/fans and the wheel motors are 15 cu in. so its top speed is 9.5mph compared to the Sentar Sport which is 7.5mph. Depending on the age of your Sentar Sport the new Sport RH is essentially the same model. Cosmetically the rims are black as is the pad material, the upright changed to accomidate the new EPA/CARB requirements as did the engine designations and they run our in house spindle.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

How come you sent out the new fixed deck standers with the old P.O.S. deck to start the year. Had to get rid of the old inventory?