1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No more trips to the bank!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by texaslawnman, Jan 9, 2007.

1. texaslawnman

texaslawnman LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or use companies which allow you to electronically deposit checks from home. Although I do love the cute tellers, I'd rather skip the traffic and deposit slips.:drinkup:
  2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I would rather go to the bank and flirt with the tellers :weightlifter:

To anwser your question, I know that my bank doesn't offer that.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

something would get lost along the way what do you do have to mail the check in
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my bank offers it. cost is about $50/mo and the lease of a special scanner. I know one of the beta testers for it and he says its saved him hundreds of dollars in saved trips to the bank already (paid employee).

it's called ExpressDeposit (from my bank)
  5. BSDeality

dbl, no mailing, just e-filing. you scan the check and it pdf's it and sends it to the bank. everything is paperless from there after. you shred the check and toss it in the garbage.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm actually meeting with a rep from Suntrust next week for this. It's $49 a month (this includes credit card processing as well)

Several retailers around here do this, at least one Wal-Mart and Trader Joe's. Write a check at either of them, then run home, log onto your bank activity and your check will already be cashed.

At least with Suntrust you can actually buy the machine, I think he said it's around $1200.
  7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I need to check if my bank offers that. I am trying to eliminate all wasted trips this year. I am going to try to advoid stepping foot at the landscape supply yard this year. I'm planning on faxing in all my orders and getting everything delivered.

I wasted to much time last year running around ordering stuff, picking stuff up, dropping stuff off etc.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i like on slow rainy days making little trips places and wouldnt want to stop but this banking thing may be something i have to look into

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The only thing I'm unclear on...the money gets instantly debited from the check writer's account. But does it also instantly go into the depositor's account? If you scan a check at 11pm does the money go into your account at 11pm?

I kinda like the cute tellers, will still have to make the occasional appearance at the bank :laugh:
  10. BSDeality

it still needs to clear just the same as if you filled in the paper at the bank and handed them the check. all you do is eliminate the drive, the paper and the math to figure out how much you're depositing.