No MP-Rotator 4000 on the horizon

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Aug 28, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Received an email response this morning at work from Hunter regarding a couple of questions I asked pertaining to MP-Rotators. One of the questions was regarding the difficulty of sometimes completely screwing down the MPR onto the I-Spray threaded part of the pop-up riser since there appears to be a washer/seal of some type. Sometimes a slight gap is left between the bottom of the MPR and the flared base of the pop-up riser but we've never experienced any leakage from this area.

The second question was on the reported MP4000 that supposedly was in the works according to several sources, a couple of Hunter reps and Ewing people. Apparently there's been confusion so thought I'd pass along the latest.

Here's Hunter's response: "Yes, we are aware of the gap you are speaking of and are dealing with this as we speak. As for the MP 4000, there is no such thing. You may be referring to the new MPR 40 which is the new Institutional Spray that is designed specifically for the MP Rotator. It will come in all the models that the current Institutional Spray does and will be coming out in October/November 2007."

Technical Service
    Hunter Industries
  2. I knew they were going to have to design a special I head for the MP.
  3. PurpHaze

Maybe they'll make the MPRs proprietory and only be able to be used with the new I-Spray? :laugh:
  4. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

MPRs are all I use in all my systems--they better be able to fit Pro-Spray heads in the future, or Hunter will be hearing a few motivating words from me.
  5. Don't think that will be a problem.
  6. PurpHaze

Relax... I think they're just making a few changes so the MP-Rotators fit onto the threaded ends of the pop-up risers a little easier. :)

Other things I sent Hunter's way were (1) put a colored stripe on the AAN spray nozzles (ala the MP-Rotators) so sight-impaired old irrgators (like me) can readily see where the right/permanent side is without reading glasses and (2) get rid of the side inlet for 6" I-Sprays that come with the factory installed check valves (INST-06-CV).