1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No mulching kit for GATEWAY?!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TROTTMAN, May 17, 2004.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I think I read that there is no mulching kit available for the Great Dane Gateway mower. I am considering buying one, but I won't buy it if I can't get a mulching kit for it. Do any of you know if this is true?

Also, is the Gateway available only in pistol grips? Thanks.
  2. hartlawnmain

hartlawnmain LawnSite Member

I have a Gateway. I haven't checked on a mulch kit but I will tell ya' that this thing cuts awesome! The deck's very deep and it discharges great! I'm thinking about going to a mulching blade over a high lift just to make the clippings a little smaller, but as far as a clean cut in high or wet grass...excellent! Also another thing I do is remove the middle wheel in the front so there is not a wheel mark out of place. I haven't run across a gate I can't get through yet. One other thing...get the 22 hp Kohler. It's a monster!
  3. chuskey

chuskey LawnSite Member
    from NC

They offer a block off plate and call it a "mulch kit". I don't see how that's going to be very effective.