no new threads

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 1, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

been here lookin for 3 days, nothin new. maybe a thread or two. cmon , how bout some excitement, do i have to do EVERYTHING around here?
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

off topic forum i think:rolleyes:
  3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

<b>off topic forum i think</b>

My Packers stink
  4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Everone must be doing searches, since thats the general responce whenever a new thread is started.

I'm sure more peolple would post If they weren't told to search the old threads all the time.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would have to agree about the lack of new posts. Maybe people are out Christmas shopping for me :)
  7. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with Wells on this one.
  8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny, I remember having a discussion about this just recently when I posted a new thread and was told to use the search option first, I remember replying saying that if folks keep getting told to search before posting it would get very quiet very quick, this is a forum, not just a data base of old threads, posts etc like many would like it to be. If people want to start threads etc about previously discussed things they should be able to, equiptment, ideas etc always change, old posts aren't always as good as up to date info imo.

Think about it this way, what is on the first few thread pages that hasn't been discussed some time before?
    Why post new threads then...every aspect of Lawn services has already been why do we post stuff?
    Easy, can't beat real time communication with fellow professionals in our industry.

There is an element of authority that some have awarded themselves with who like to play moderator, or l.s police and they aren't shy at telling you how they like things to be in this forum.
    They don't seem to like new posts, takes up storage on the server database, but these same guys have huge numbers of posts under their name....maybe they want this forum, hmmm, didn't think of that :)

The search feature is very handy, but doesn't replace real time discussions, and to be told to search first is crap unless it is clearly written on the main pages of this forum that this is required, cookies tracked to verify blah, blah, blah...
    Watch the members dissapear then!

Hey Bob, I'm waiting for a clown to pop up and say to search first mate, ha, ha!

9. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Still recovering from Turkey!
  10. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

My flippin ISP was down for a few days. That's my excuse.