No one can complain about lowballers more than me..

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by hotrod1965, Nov 20, 2008.

1. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

This from the detroit craigslist..

"Hello
    My name is Ryan and I am offering my services to put up your christmas display at your home or bussiness I bring all tools that is needed and you just supply your decorations, You tell me what you want and thats what you will get and I even come back and take down and put away I charge $25.00 a home, bigger displays run a little more feel free to e-mail me or call 810-410-XXXX."

2. hotrod1965

and another....

"We can put up your Christmas Lights! Don't risk hurting yourself!! -Let our climbing monkeys string up your Holiday Cheer.

Great Low Prices, make us an offer!

Rapid Same Day Response.

2 man crew can do it today, or we can schedule a mutually convenient appointment.

Please Call Chris 313-989-xxxx

3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow dude, wow. The only place I ever put up Christmas lights for $25 was my grandparents' house. . .

Do you do holiday lighting setup/take down?

4. hotrod1965

We are a full service company, also a lighting retailer.

I sell one strand of lights for $25... There are a ton of guys around here that pull this crap!

5. umpire

umpire LawnSite Member

We hang/install all Christmas lights and decorations.We can even provide the lights. $50.00 minimum. CALL 770 279 xxxx

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Need help putting up your Christmas lights and/or decorations? I am a licensed electrician and will do both starting at $75. Call Brandon

I just found this one...Lovely...

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Man i found way to many to post on here...What a shame.

8. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

There seems to be a lowballer cycle. they get lots of work, go broke, go out of business. Customer gets upset and calls you. asks what planet are you from for charging more than the guy that went bankrupt. they hire another lowballer. lowballer gets lots of work, repeat.

The sad thing is I rarely am able to convert a customer over to the profitable side of this business once they have had a crazy cheap person. They poison and unprofessionalize the business.

9. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Tell me about it. Ran into this when giving a quote a couple of weeks ago.
    All LED lights
    350 c-9 on roof
    48" wreath
    48" Star
    Garland on door
    Swags on Sconces
    3 large shrubs
    Installed, maintained, removed, stored.
    $900 and she refused to pay more.

Funny thing is, she fired the last company b/c they left exposed wires after the install, refused to service it b/c it was an "internal electrical issue, you should get an electrician" and NOT their lights, and never removed the lights at the end of the season. I saw where she tried to get the lights down and all the exposed wires, it was a mess.

BUT she hung up on me during the follow up call when I refused to match this idiots price.

10. hotrod1965

I always get a kick out of how people don't get that you "get what you pay for".

I did convert one company over this year from a bad experience from a low baller.. but mostly Dave is right, they just don't learn thier lesson!