No One Can Help Me Out?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chriscraft, Mar 13, 2006.

1. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

hmm tried all the forums everyone reads no one answers. I am purchasing 2 new Trenchmaster 991H's to do redefining beds and make new beds. as i ahve never used one and have voer 150 homes ot landscape with them i needed some information from hands on users.1) do they actually make new beds at the 10-30 feet min advertised? 2) do they redefine existing edges at that rate? 3) are they actually the beasts they claim they are and hold up including belt slippage or wear? 4) are they easy to operate? 5) waht do people around the country charge (baalpark fig per sq foot) for a)redefining b) creating new bordered edge assuming no prob occur and diamond edging or other edging is not being installed , Thanks guys for your input ( I HOPE LOL)

2. chriscraft

ARGG lol someone on this site must have had has and uses bed egers ?

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I know you are looking for an answer.But I have a question for you, how much does one of these run? I was thinking of purchasing one today but did not get around to calling for a price.

This site will get busy here in little bit so you should start seeing some responses.

JP

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

#1 Why 2
    #2 "as i ahve never used one and have voer 150 homes ot landscape with them i needed some information from hands on users" WHAT???
    #3 "waht do people around the country charge (baalpark fig per sq foot) for a)redefining b) creating new bordered edge assuming no prob occur" Again WHAT???

I do not own one and will not as I do not do enough to make it worth it. Do you have 150 sales already sold. You state that you do not know what to charge so I believe not. I think you best bet is to rent one and learn what it does and how it works and the time factor.
    I answered, and I believe it is a good answer.

5. chriscraft

they run around $2199 for the lil one and 2499 for the same one 9 hp instead of 8 we chose the tim taylors 9 hp version. We have 150 home fronts to landscape small areas 200 sq feet so the price isnt much of a factor for me , it WILL get its use, but for the customer i have now in a house i can say " why dont we rip up that cracked pushed up diamond edging and replace it with a natural border using this great machine i purchased, and show him pictures of other jobs done with the machine. thats kind of the input im looking for, What is everyone else charging baal park? ive heard form 25cents to $3 A FOOT .

6. chriscraft

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks.

JP

8. chriscraft

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Just rent 2 for the month

10. chriscraft

they rent for $170 a day . we are buying them i jsut wanted to know if anyone actually used them to get some feedback