No plant closings???? What about peak oil & peak gas???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Dec 8, 2005.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

9 degrees this morning in Dallas. Not a single headline about how they had to close a plant that consumes a lot of natural gas. Nothing. Oil & gas investors have been duped and I would seriously consider getting out NOW.

If you ask me, these peak oil and peak gas theories were created by the oil and gas industry.

Doesn't it seem just a tiny bit conspicuous that the entire world oil "peaked" at exactly the same time that north american natural gas "peaked".

I think this whole thing is a conspiracy. My God. When Katrina wiped out New Orleans, there still was no shortage of gasoline.

Books Worst Enemy
  2. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Having worked in the oil & gas industry for about 27 years, I am stunned that a Texan would be so ignorant about how the energy business works.

The consumption of natural gas has gone through the roof and exploration for it hasn't kept pace. A lot of utilities are switching to gas because it's cleaner burning than coal and it is so difficult to get approval to build a nuke plant. Many of the fields in Kansas and Nebraska are being depleted.
  3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

they aren't making anymore dinosaurs.

The entire petroleum industry has what 50-75 years left. It amazes me the crap they pull with their pledges to alternative fuels. Yeah more like pledges to Keep anything good down and make a big deal about exploring areas that will never work.

Fuel cell technology. Sounds great. combine hydrogen and oxygen and get water for exhaust. The only problem, where do you get this hydrogen.

Well let me tell you. You split it out of natural gas. Now tell me how that is gonna be effective with all the power plants, plastics industry and everyone else under the sun consuming it at twice the rate we are finding more? Not to mention, who is gonna build the hydrogen infrastructure at $100 BILLION

Bio diesel works. No shortage of used fryer oil.
    ethanol works. No shortage of biomass. I bring 4 - 10 tons a month to the dump.
    Neither needs a completely new infrastructure.

Big oil is a conspiracy, just not the one you think.