1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No\'r Easter a BUST

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Chuck Smith, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

So far, this storm has been a big bust in this area. It's now a little after 3 PM EST, and so far, we only have about 2" of crust on the ground. Had a litle snow at first yesterday, then it turned to sleet & freezing rain. Looks like it's about to turn back to snow now, but we aren't going to get anywhere near what the initial forecasts called for. I know it's not over yet, but naturally, I was hoping for a lot more snow by now.

2. Ben W

Ben W LawnSite Member

Chuck its 3:35 its snowing like crazy 3 plus on the ground but its melting on the pavement. Temps around 32 hoping it will drop somemore so it will stick to the pavement.

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

Chuck 338 here just west of you in North Caldwell...we have a nasty mix and I am seeing a gradual change over to all snow...lets hope.maybe we can still see 12 inches or more..
  4. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Its a bust here at 3:45 !!!! The weathermen are falling all over themselves with downgrade at every hour. Initial forecast was 24 to 30" ( I was actually getting scared). Now we are down to 10 to 20". 2.5" on the ground now with rain and sleet which was not forecasted for this area, we were in the all snow belt. They said at 4pm it should start coming down about 2" per hour. Lets see about that ... 15 more minutes to see. At least I got to take a nap.
  5. lawnboy53

lawnboy53 LawnSite Member
    from Neb

You guys can all keep your 10-20"s, 24-30":'s , I like my 40 " inches a year 2 " at a time. LOL Good luck fellas.
  6. HC

HC LawnSite Member

Well your big storm was supposed to miss us up here (north of Toronto) however it started snowing last night around midnight and hasnt stopped. Its still coming down. We have done our lots 3 times and they are ready to be done again,,,,,It is supposed to snow all night into tommorrow. We are taking a breather and going out later when they all close up for the night. Hope you all get some to make the preparation worthwhile. Pat
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

snowing like crazy here. expected to get 25 inches. going to be a busy couple of days
  8. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

A big bust here in S.E. PA We were supposed to get 20-30" originally. We got about an inch of ice and an inch of snow.I was still able to make some money on my commercial accounts but was hoping to make about 7 times more. They are still calling for 3-6" by tomorrow. Yea Right. Not holding my breath. Almost ready to take the plow off. OH I forgot to mention they are also hinting about another Noreaster Fri into Sat.
  9. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

This weekend ??

Wonder if Home Depot will get more shovels and mini bags of salt in for THAT big one too......
  10. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm half an hour north of HC and same here - started last night, hasn't stopped, predicted a foot by tomorrow afternoon. Had 3 plows to repair at my work today, I worked on 2 of them. Going to go and do my lots (only 2 of them) tonight and check again early in the morning. And I don't seem to recall any prediction of this much snow in our area....