1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No Rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by No Lawncares, Sep 12, 2005.

1. No Lawncares

No Lawncares LawnSite Member

Are any of you other Lco's out there not getting rain? It hasn't rained here in 4 weeks and not one of my todays or tomorrows lawns need cut. I have not had to cut some of my bi weekly in a month and they still don't need it now. September and no rain what is going on?
  2. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

We are getting dry again too. Last 2 weeks we have been getting heavy dew on the ground which was working out real good. But now we are not even getting that. hopefully we will get some rain from this hurricane ophelia, depending if it swings up this way.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Dry here in southern va also, only have 2-4 to cut this week, they are every other weekers and will mainly be to even up the grass, not gonna be much to cut. No weekly cuts this week, they almost didnt need it last week and only cut part of them
  4. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

Very dry here in northern NJ since early August. We got a little shot of rain from the remnants of Katrina, but that only bought us a week of mowing. Now it's dried out again. Hoping Ophelia brings us something. Temps in the low 90's today and tomorrow.
  5. Easy Way Lawn Care

Easy Way Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am going into week three with no rain. This whole year has been dry. Time to get a real job I think and keep this as a part-time income.
  6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Three weeks since the last significant rain locally. Probably will skip most, if not all, properties this week. Only mowed most a couple of times in July, then we had rain, but now it is turning into the Sahara again with today's temp around 92 and windy. Really drying things out in a hurry.
  7. LiL Hustler

LiL Hustler LawnSite Member

We havent had rain in weeks, very dry summer. We love it because all but one contract is per season so we get paid rather we cut or not. Been training the mower and trim crew guys how to excavate and pave.

8. TheGrassBandit

TheGrassBandit LawnSite Member

I just checked the average precipitation for my area and its way below average. The lawns are dry as heck and it sure isn't good for business. I've been trying to find ways to supplement income by adding services.
  9. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Severe drought here. Since march 1 we are 13.00" below normal. The crops are taking a huge hit also.
  10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea things are dry here too, last week i was home and on the couch by 11:30 everyday... I look at it positively, hoping it will eliminate some of my competition