1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No Rain!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnranger44, Mar 1, 2002.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about you guys but a drought has officially been in effect here in Central PA. We're supposed to get some GOOD rain this weekend though...

The grass is so ugly, it's mostly dead and yellow and brown.

We NEED rain this year, or we're screwed. (I can't offer many services other than mowing since I can't drive yet)
  2. El` Nino will be aviving at gate USA very soon.

Please stand to the left and out of it's way.

Your complaining now, just wait you will be complaining about too much rain soon.
  3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

last year was a tough season due to late winter (we had snow left on lawns till may) and then no rain for about 2 months. this winter we have had about 3 plowable snow storms and all were under 4". It has been hot and cold all season. Its new england so its gonne be cold from october to march and i was wearing shorts and mowing grass till december 7th, two days later i was snowplowing. the weatherguessers are calling for another drought this year and no rain all spring so we are all screwed here.
  4. Spence

Spence LawnSite Member

We have been dry since back in the fall. We got some good rain a couple of times in January, but not much since. Supposed to get a good amount this weekend.
  5. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

I hear ya dl... I never thought I'd be complaining about no rain livin in New England.
  6. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

here in Utah, most folks believe this place to be a desert and some would agree, myself being one, since i was born and raised in Ohio(humid & hot during the summer seasons). it's dry here and during the spring through fall the humidity is only 11%. Just about everyone here in the Salt Lake City Valley have irrigation systems and we haft to deal with practically no rain during the mowing season. I do most of my business in firtilizing sence most people here know that it would only help there deprived lawns. as far as moving goes, unless your a commercial account or you ask for special requests, our mowing is just about every two weeks. it's hard on us that we've been in this severe drought session for 5 years now. I just pray that we'll get some good rain this year. stick in there guy's, it's not over yet.....pray fro rain...

Richard Coffman/owner
    Special Needs Lawn Services :D