No Reply On Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Splashn93, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Splashn93

Splashn93 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Please Help!!!!

I posted a question in regard to Trimmer Line several days ago and only got one response. To that gentlemen that responded I truly appreciate it!!!!!!

I would like to get some suggestions on a good trimmer line. In my other post I explained that I have been using .105 UNIFIT line but that company is no longer in business and have recently bought a spool of ECHO line which I am not impressed with at all... It does not hold up well to a chain link fence....

I know you guys in the Lawn Care business use trimmer line and I thought this would be a great place to get some suggestions from other that use trimmer line on a daily business cannot believe I only got one response in an area which we all use on a daily business....

Can I please get some help on deciding what is a good line to use in an ECHO trimmer.....

Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.....

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Splash hey we used to use that ECHO line We just recently switched I will get the name. It does hold up well not much holds up to chain link thou.
    JOSH

3. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

just try some out man. thats the best way.

4. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

Do you have a wal-mart anywhere in your area? I use what they sell it's cheap I think 15 to 16 bucks for a large spool a it lasts me forever but I also have almost 17 years exp. and I use it sparingly where as my workers tap the line every five to ten seconds wasting line. I believe the size there is "80 It is a large spool of green trimmer string. I know this type works well with echo because thats the only brand I use models 210 and 230 hope this helps good luck*newusflag*

5. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a great feature on this site it is called the search button.
    If you PM me I will give you a reccomendation, But next time try the search button.

6. Jay74

Jay74 LawnSite Member

Gatorline is the best.

7. Splashn93

Splashn93 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thanks for the replies.

The Gatorline was the line suggested on the 1 post I got before. I will try that.

I did not realize I needed to Search to get an answer. For those of you who answered my inquiry I really appreciate you all trying to help another Lawn Care Owner out.

Your post are greatly appreciated.

8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I was using echo cross-fire .95 until last month when I picked up a spool of extream (I think) square .105 I will dubble check but the new square line I am using lasts at least 3 times as long. Insted of bumping 4-5 times per property I am only bumping twice!

9. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

Shakespeare Pulverizer Trimmer Line
    0.95" is the largest size you can get there in the big spools
    1.05" is only available in the donut packs, i think 70' & 220'.
    sorry must have overlooked your first post

10. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

Like I said its .080" x2000' the brand name is weed eater it doesn't cost much the wal-mart in my area of Pa. has this size and brand and like I said it lasts me forever I even ran out to my truck to check. Like someone else said chain link fence burns up any string if you just keep it right agaist the fence I recomend just grazing it to save your string if your new to trimming still and don't already know this