1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

NO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jul 29, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I agree with a lot of these posts here. Another thought is, charge here for 50 minutes of mowing. Adjust the price up to where you can make money. In other words, charge here for example $60 for a 21&quot; cut or $30 for a Walker cut. I'm sure she will pick the Walker cut, especially if you do a good job with it. If she wants the $60 cut, you will still make money. :) If she doesn't want either, move on.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

After using a riding mower, you wont like using a 21&quot;. I don't even take 21&quot; mower jobs any more. Just send her a nice letter stating that you will no longer be able to provide her with lawn services. If you keep her and use the rider she&quot;ll knit-pick your work.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

turn down you using that big ole heavy walker...? heck! I had an elderly lady hate my 48 wb. after I used the 48 several times I used her 21 inch one time and that was it. I said I used the 48 wb or I was hitting the the highway. she even pitched me out a couple of tin cans to kick as I went looking for another yard to cut!<p>I got even though! that fall she called me and asked if I'd &quot;like to come pick up her leaves&quot;. I politely declined explaining that year I was only picking up leaves for the people that I mowed for. yessssss!<p>GEO
  4. Bush Master

Bush Master LawnSite Member