No sleep for the owner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OnMyOwn, Mar 31, 2006.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I can tell it's time to start mowing. It is 3:15 am and I am still working on the computer getting caught up with quotes, sales orders and prepaid invoices. I absolutely do not sleep well when I'm excited about a great quantity of work. - Just as well....the weatherman says tomorrow is going to be a wash-out.

Who else out there does all of their own paperwork at night, instead of hiring an assistant?

I know it makes things a little tougher, but it still allows me to spend the evening with the wife/kids.

If I could figure out how to add (10) more hours to each day, I would only be (5) hours behind!
  2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I never sleep while the season starts. 2-3AM is normal for me.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, a standard day should consist of at least 64 hours.
    4 to sleep and 60 to get the work done, most of it anyway.
  4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

You guys need to get organized.

I do limited paperwork during the week. At the end of the day I take my list and put it in my desk. I then get my sced. ready for the next day and return any calls I need to.

Sat morning I wake up and immdeiatly go through the weeks work. Takes me about 3-4 hours. I do it before the family is up so we can all have breakfast together and get the weekend going.

I used to stay up till 3 in the morning and I was on the verge of burnout. Its not healthy, physically or mentally.