No Smoke 2 cycle oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfGuyTX, Oct 11, 2002.

1. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Does anybody use this two cycle oil? What are the comments you might have about it? Thanks for your input.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have tried it and don't like it.
    Gene

3. joehar

joehar LawnSite Member
    from memphis

gene gls,what do you not like about the no smoke oil? ive been using it in my equipment ad it seems ok.can you please tell us why you dont like the product?

4. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Thanks. Anyone else?

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Are you refering to any brand of smokeless 2-stroke oil???

If so, then I will highly endorse Opti-2!

Anything that will keep a Homelite trimmer alive and kicking for 3 full years now! must be some good stuff!

All of my other stuff (blower, hedge trimmers) are Redmax and I keep waiting for those ol' Homelites to die so I can replace them too......but the Opti-2 won't let 'em die.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've been doing quite a bit of looking at new equipment lately. Several of the dealers carry the Opti oils for 2 and 4 strokes. They claim they will double th engine warrenty. But at $6 for 20oz, I figure you could by a new engine with a new warranty on all parts for less than the oil changes cost over time.

It cost more for 20oz than a quart of premium synthetic oil does. That's awfull expensive to me. I buy Shell Rotella T synthetic 5w 40 and run it in everything I own. I get out for less than $14 a gallon on it. Maybe if it were really safe and trustworthy to extend drain intervals like AMSOIL claims to be, then I could maybe see it.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE :confused:

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I use no smoke 2 stroke oil,I love it,i havent had any fouled plugs,or carbon build up problems in the 2 yrs ive run it.

8. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

I use the shindaiwa brand oil in all of my 2stroke equipt. I get no smoke and no smell. I even it run it in my sthyl chainsaw. seems to be great stuff.

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Opti-2 for me also. I bought a 6pack of Stihl oil about 2 months ago just to try it again. Before the 1st bottle was gone I was wishing I had the Opti. The fumes in corners was killer. :(

10. tazz

tazz LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Great product i have useed no-smoke two stroke for three years no problems. All of my 2 cycle equipment runs on it