1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No snow for 2001

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by allabout, Feb 8, 2001.

1. allabout

allabout LawnSite Member

It's been 6 weeks here in north west IL. with no snow maybe if I put the plows away it will snow! or a snow dance might help. ( nope just alot of rain & in the 50"s)

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Here's what I've done:

1. Put the plows away.

2. Took the spreader off the truck, and even put my tailgate back on.

3. Snow dance (don't ask)

4. Stood in my driveway with those orange flashlights trying to wave the snow in our direction.

5. Washed the truck.

6. Waxed the truck.

7. Washed the plow.

8. Havn't picked up any more salt in a few weeks.

Nothing has worked. I've been trying to find Mother Natures phone number on http://www.switchboard.com, but I havn't found anything yet. Does she have an e-mail address???

3. plowjockey

plowjockey LawnSite Senior Member

I have found Mother Natures number and her answering machine said "Hello this is Mother Nature" and this year is to prove two things.

1. I am running things and you must deal with it!!!

2. Every time you looked up and cussed me for raining on your barbecue, fishing, Nascar race etc. I heard and listened. How do you like me now!!!

Happy Plowing
  4. SlimJim Z71

No Christamas card for her this year!!!

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

How do you keep breaking stuff if it doesnt snow?
  6. plowjockey

I wrote that in good fun but now it is pouring down rain here. Do you think she really listens??
    Oh well at least it is precipitation.

Happy Mowing :D
  7. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Tim -
    I am hopeful that yours and my prayers are going to be answered.

Just don't go and get hurt on us Okay?

8. SlimJim Z71

The only thing I've broken was my lung, and that was a little over a month ago when it actually WAS snowing. As of right now, the truck, the plow, and my spreader are working flawlessly.

I think she's laughing, not listening.

I hope that tonight will leave us with at least a plowable amount of snow. As far as getting hurt, I'm not making any promises. LOL

9. plowjockey

Down here I'm glad that I have some weight in the trucks. We are supposed to get up to 50 mph winds today. Hold on to your hat and hopefully something that is anchored well.

Happy Plowing
  10. T-MAN

T-MAN LawnSite Member

Hey its T-shirt weather hear boys. Had thunder and lightning last night and this morning. All the land mines from the dog are poking there ugly little heads out. Hope we get that freeze tonight, be a fun job for tommorow. Havn't had any pushible snow round hear in quite some time.I guess I should start thinking about pulling the boat out of storage. That would be sure bet for at least 2 more good snowfalls.