1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No Snow!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mean Green Lawns, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Mean Green Lawns

Mean Green Lawns Banned

WOW we have not had ONE snow fall more than 2 inches yet this year ... AND I LIVE IN MI PEOPLE>>>>>> GLOBAL WARMING IS A MUTHER...

So what is everyone elses weather like? I'm about to start spring clean ups in March... lol

We'll all probably be dead in 10 years or less from the new ice age comming. Have you seen the Al Gore movie; An Inconvenient Truth? I see the effects every day and my bank account feels it too.
  2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

12 inches here.. nothing in the future either... Plowed once this year.. anyways kepeing busy on the golf course...even have extra people due tot he weather.. tree work up the butt and drain work as soon as we get our brand new skid steer.. new holland gona be real sweet. I think I may start cleanups in march to!!I mow lawns on the side golf course is full time job.
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

12 inches on the year and i live in the lake effect area.. go figure!!
  4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

my point excatlly klc . if everyone really did research they see that 50 -100 yrs ago is when most of the record highs were set in thier cities. i dont believe global warming. i mean like at the first week of december, everyone was setting record lows. imo its just the way the earth evens everything out .
  6. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Isnt it Funny, that most everybody Laughs when it comes to the Harmful effects of PESTICIDES..........What is Global Warming?............Now it maybe worth looking at as it starts to hurt our pocketbooks, .....but other than that, back to buisness or buisness as usual. "Happy New Year" from the Organic Movement!:nono: :usflag: :drinkup: :dizzy:
  7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well we are looking at the possibility of snow and very cold temps for our area this next week! I can tell you everyone is pretty excited about it! I have studied the weather as a hobby for many years and can tell you that things come and go in cycles. There probably is a small amount of truth to the global warming theory, but not as much as Al Gore any that crowd says.
    If he was THAT concerned he would practice what he preaches and get rid of one of his 5 suv's. If you look at the past records and observations you will see that there have been many hot periods in time, also many cold periods. I know that is a very elementary way of explaining it but it is what it is.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

absolutely zilch here :cry:
  9. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

I haven't had any work in a month, I go to the shop and fix a few things and clean up. I have over 40 plow accounts and haven't hooked up to the plow once. The warmer it gets the more depressed I get.
  10. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

We had one snow fall here this season and don't see anything coming soon, That's why I dont put all my egg's in one basket and always advertise other work