"No Soliciting" on door...still leave a flyer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by oilcan, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Jcl4slc

Jcl4slc LawnSite Senior Member

I would do it. At worst they are just gonna toss it in the trash.

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I have been hired by those who have had "no solicitor" signs...when I have left XYZ marketing material. I have clients who have those signs and typically they most always say this applys to door knockers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd put it this way, I've landed many accounts from flyers where they had "no soliciting" signs, but have never had anyone call and complain about receiving a flyer/door hanger even with a sign.

Like others have said, just don't knock and bother them personally, if they aren't interested it's extremely easy for them to throw away half a page of paper left on their door.

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

REALLY?

no soliciting signs are common where you are from? huh...

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I wouldn't suggest anyone take this ^ as legal advice unless you can afford the fines.

Around here, you need to apply for a permit to solicit - and yes, that means walking around leaving flyers whether you knock, or not.

Some municipalities do not allow it PERIOD. There's a nice area not far from where I live that WILL send a patrol car if someone calls to report you.
    My first year I called several local municipalities to find out what was what rather than just doing whatever I want. Only one had a "no solicitation" policy - ALL the others required a permit - some only required you to fill out paperwork, while others required fees.

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

so where a reversible camp jacket so you can hide in the shrubbery when the po pos come.

either that or dress like a girl scout

7. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Bwahahahaha...

Oh T.... You make me laugh man...

Love it!

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I have several friends that have taken hoa,towns, and cities to court.

They have won everytime. Because like t said. They have no legal meaning. Your right to advertise is protected under the free speech for corporation.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

If I've taken the time to walk all the way up to the door you can bet your butt I'm leaving a flyer.

10. bwaters932

bwaters932 LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Sure do. That is not considered soliciting here. Had one complaint, and have two new yards right across the street from each other, both with signs.