No Spare Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

my mower is down, the worm shaft broke last week after i got my belts,lol! and i'm waiting for parts, today we pushed most of my lawns, and it killed me, remembering how i started out, pushing sucks! can't wait till my parts come in! what do you guys do if you don't have your mower running? do you push? or just wait for parts?

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

still pushing, and think it's good to do once in a while to remember where you came from.

not so much I had experienced it in lawn care yet, but in general it's a good thing to check back with your roots, and not forget them. kind of wakes you up sometimes.

all aside though, I'd get the work done how ever means necessary. If you can get it done with the push mowers, do that. otherwise, if the properties are too large, eat the cost of renting a walk behind, and knock them out that way.

just like we'd get mad if the customer did not pay, they'd have a right if we didn't mow. two way street.

3. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

still pushing, and think it's good to do once in a while to remember where you came from.

twins.........PPPPPBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

That's pure BS. I can go to my grave happy and not ever pull a starter rope again. Ow....my shoulder started hurting just thinking about it.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

twins.........PPPPPBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Not sure what the PBT is for, but I'm sure I'll hear about it.

What I was referring to is I have not gone that far up in lawn care as of yet, but in general life is what I was getting at.

In my case, I drive through the town where I grew up, and realize I don't have it as bad as it seems nowadays. Sometimes, out of sight, out of mind is true. But I'd rather know what I worked up from , and remind myself of that once in a while if I tend to get lazy. sort of a self motivator of sorts.

I'm not saying I want to be push mowing, I'm just saying that I would never think myself above it to get the work done is all.

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

question is where can you rent a WB from. I tried, they don't exist near me.

Forunately, I will not be out of mowing power anytime soon. 2 36" back up mowers and a back up 48" rider.

Know anyone who needs some good used equipment? Bought a business and they came with. Guess I am just ahead of the program for when I get a crew.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You don't want to push some of the lawns I do.

Ever since I got rid of my Gravely dependability hasn't been an issue. Just maintain 'em and they "should" take care of you.

7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Dealer I bought my Snapper Z from will give me a loaner if mine's going to be down for more then a day.

8. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

We get loaners as long as mower shop as avaliable. but we have enough machines to get us out of any trouble...

9. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I use the lawn tractor if I can't use the Z for any reason,such as too much rain or a breakdown(knock on wood)

10. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Parts are in today, 300 bucks thats it,i'll be sulkying again by friday.i have a snapper rider with a 14 hp,thats got me buy, but most of the time i've pushed!there's nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass in the morning and sulkying!