No stain - Fe

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Feb 6, 2008.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Do any of you know of an liquid Fe source that I can use in my PG at low volume that also wouldn't stain sidewalks, houses and the white cat etc?

Thanks,
    RC

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, this dosn't answer your question, but I didn't know you could run Fe through a PG. I figured it was too low volume for that.

3. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Rodney

Check out this product from Lesco/JDL. It is a liquid product, Part No. 088184. I know they used it in Minnesota last year. It was never approved in Wisconsin but hopefully will be this year. You apply it at 1/2 to 2/3 gallon per acre so I don't know if it will work in a Permagreen.

4. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

After posting the previous post I read the label closer. The minimum dilution in 1:100 so I don't think it will work with a PermaGreen. Thats to bad because this stuff looks pretty interesting.

5. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

lesco cares a 4-4-5 chelated iron , 2oz per 1000. that's a 100 oz per 50000, or a perma green tankful ,low staining formula. . i used last year with excellant results,4 weeks of green up, plus i was not staining the stucco buildings like i was when using the 12-0-0 chelated.

6. Jason Rose

cool! Thanks to this thread I'm going to look into this further (prices, etc.) I would love to incorperate Iron applications into my program on some properties but I don't have a large enough tank sprayer to do the 12-0-0 chelated efficiently. Sounds like the 4-4-5 'low stain" may be the answer :)

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

RIDER,

THANKS MAN!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

I love this site.

I will check on this!

Did you use in your PG? Do you have any idea what the cost/k is?

Thanks again,
    RC

8. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

do not have a current cost,2.5 gallons is a little pricey but when you work it per 1000sq ft, the cost is more then half of regular 2.5 jug of chelated iron, do not think it went up that much this year, I need to call Lesco. sprayed it through the PG ok, we were having a rainy week so it received enough water to be effective, which was my only worry. the nice thing about the 4-4-5 is that you can mix it with ThreeWay or any herbicide and not have a compatibility problem like you do with regular chelated iron

9. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

jeez, spend five minutes looking for the label and the product is on the front page, love lesco but they really need to change their website

10. Jason Rose

I believe we can thank John Deere for the demise of the Lesco website... Most of the actual information was removed from the site about the time of the takeover.