No Start No Hour Meter

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SECTLANDSCAPING, Sep 19, 2012.

1. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

My stander needed a jump earlier in the day and it was in the way so I tried to jump it with my ZTR. That didnt work!

Anyways I mowed for about 10 mins with my ZTR then it shut off. It did nothing when I turned the key. So I tried to jump with truck and nothing. So I have no sounds, no hour meter, and the battery is at 12.7 volts.

The other mower does need to be charged but thats another story. So Im trying to figure out what the problem with this one is?

27 hp kohler

2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Did you check your fuses? Possibly fried one when trying to jump.

3. SECTLANDSCAPING

This mower that wont start now tried to jump the other. Do you think it would still blow a fuse this way?

4. Greg78

Sure is possible. Check the easy stuff first.

5. The Lawn Ranger CT.

The Lawn Ranger CT. LawnSite Member

Yes it's possible , like Greg78 stated, check the easy stuff first, also reason being you might have blownn the fuse in the ZTR when you went to jump the stander~

6. SECTLANDSCAPING

Yeah going to check that in the a.m. I know theres 1 fuse coming off the Positive cable. There should be another somewhere by the starter.

At least this will be a easy fix. The way it was doing nothing seemed like the blade engage was on. I was hoping I didnt have a problem there.

7. The Lawn Ranger CT.

The Lawn Ranger CT. LawnSite Member

Also might want to check the safety switch under the seat (?) I think there's one there~
    My modulator that connects all the safety wires together went on my walk-behind , not sure if your ZTR has one but good thing to check also~

8. SECTLANDSCAPING

It was the fuse by the battery. Everything is in working order.

9. Greg78

It's nice when it works out that easy!!

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Keep in mind those fuse holders are a problem in mowers and you need to replace them. The symptom is that fuse goes all of a sudden. I have had a Scag and a Wright that did that