No Stripes and it still looks great...post your pics! No Stripes Allowed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, May 13, 2001.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Alright......this is for all of us who don't always have a lawn to stripe on. Anybody that has a great looking property but can't stripe because of the grass type, surface, or mower type post em up. NO STRIPES ALLOWED !!! hehe.

[​IMG]

jeffyr :jester:

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

3. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I do not have a strip kit on my Toro 44". I think it does pretty good.

0013.jpg

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Good looking lawns guys.

This is a cool thread. We've been trying to take pictures of some of our yards, but we don't have a digital camera, so we haven't gotten any of them developed yet. We plan on posting some pics here, and hope others do the same. It's interesting to see what others cut.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Jeffyr - Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there is a hint of a stripe or two about the middle of the picture! Unfair submittal... try again.

6. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

I'll try to post some pics soon. I still say the best looking lawn out there is one with absolutely no tire or mower marks left behind. I see these striped lawns all the time and I think they distract from the overall beauty of the landscaping. Some are so striped they look like a big green and white candy cane. I think they look fine in their place at ball fields. I've striped my own lawn to a degree several times in varying angles to the road and I still don't care for it. This is mostly a personal opinion I'm sure of that. Someone on here was building a grass fluffing device to go behind their mower. I hope they succeed, I'd like to have one. OT: If it gets much drier around here stripes or no stripes mowing is going to come to almost a screeching halt.

PS: theleven, Now that's some beautiful grass and handy work. That's what I'm talking about.

7. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

The yards look really nice. I haven't had a chance to take pic's of some of our yards. But I guess I need to get on the ball since everyone keeps posting so many.:alien: