No Tilt

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by lb59, Jan 16, 2006.

1. lb59

lb59 LawnSite Member

One of the limitations of a FEL.

Can't be tilted up or down on one side / end like a front dirt blade.

A rear blade has this same short coming.

Anyone have a solution to overcome this problem?

I need to slope the dirt away from the foundation walls of 2 buildings.

I need to drive the tractor along side of the walls not out away from them.

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can set your tractor up with a box scraper with a hydraulic top link and hydraulic tilt that will work well for what you're describing. Go tractorbynet.com and do a search on top and tilt and you will find tons of information.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Kubota 4330 (my 3rd Kubota). One of the best things I ever did was put cab operated top and tilt hydraulics on the rear. What a difference! I would never be without, and besides that, my production and quality of production is light years better. Another thing I did was get a Rezloh serrated bolt on blade for my front bucket. The bucket doesn't "skip" over ground, digging force is increased and in general the production of the machine is increased dramatically.
    I use a box scraper with a screen roller on the back and can put down a finish grade like nobody's business......

4. lb59

lb59 LawnSite Member

I was thinking along the lines of an adjustable plate mounted to the FEL Bucket cutting edge.
    Bolt it on like a tooth bar or clamp it on like bucket forks.

5. curt1

curt1 LawnSite Member

You can buy a rear blade with manual offset, tilt and angle. A good medium duty blade will run around $1200 or more. Woods makes some nice blades, as does Midwest.

Curt

6. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

you don't need new stuff you just need a small leason in grading. you just need to push some dirt twards the house side and get you tractor tilted up like you need it and keep working if back from there

7. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

Like gammon said all you gotta do is get the machine tilted at about the amount of slope you want and work the rest from there. little more work than being able to tilt just the cutting edge but it works just the same