No truckster spreaders?

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by PaulJ, Apr 24, 2005.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

My local ealer informed me that Lesco has stopped making and selling the mounted electric spreaders. Somthing about motors not lasting long enough.
    Do you know anyhting about this? Is ther a replacement coming? Or is this a way to sell more of the expensive ride on units.

2. PaulJ

Anyone from Lesco listening?

I have heard that there is a new spreader but no details.
    can you tell us what changes have been made?
    Your help is appreiciated.

3. PaulJ

Does anyone at lesco have any info on the mounted electric spreaders? I am still waiting for an answer.
    Help Please!

4. PaulJ

Ok it's been almost three weeks since I first asked about this on this Lesco forum. I know someone from Lesco checks this because there have been other replies from them since then.
    What gives? If you don't have any info on the spreaders just say so so I can go on. I have softball fields to fertalize and really don't like walking them or using an agrifab tow spreader.
    My Lesco dealer said he would call when he knew more about the mounted spreaders but that was almost a month ago .
    jUst let me know what you know please.

5. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, they do have a new one! The older ones were just phased-out. The new one has a cable with a on/off hopper control knob instead of the pull rope (much better in my opinion) plus you can adjust the flow rate with the knob. Also, it has a better mounting bracket making it easy to attach onto a Z-2. All you'd have to do is drill a couple mounting holes on the back plate on the Z-2. What store are you nearby?

6. PaulJ

What I am thining of mounting on is the JRCO mount on the front of a hustler walkbehind mower. that's why I htought the rope would be easy, but if it doesn'twork...
    I deal with the lesco in Lincoln NE, about 100+ miles away.

7. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Paul -- I apologize for the delayed response. Somehow your question slipped through the cracks on us, and I just saw it for the first time today. I have forwarded your question to our equipment merchant, and I will relay his response as soon as I get it.

Thanks,
    Bob

8. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Paul...

I heard back from our equipment merchant, and he confirmed that we do still have the Truckster Spreader. As was mentioned earlier, we have made some improvements to the spreader, and they necessitated giving it a new item number in our system, which may have caused the confusion.

Anyway, the new product is item #720756. This spreader has the improved hopper and a cable-activated gate assembly -- both of these features should make this product easier and better to use.

These spreaders are in stock and available for sale today.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions,
    Bob

9. PaulJ

Thanks for the reply Bob. I did finaly get a bit of info from my lesco rep in Lincoln NE.
    One thing I havn't found an answer to is the motor. I have heard that the motors on the older spreaders didn't last as long as peopel thought they should and that they wer almost as much as a new spreader to replace. Are the new spreaders using this same motor? Is it shielded or sealed better?
    Also what is the price on the new style and the price for a replacement motor?
    Are there any pictures availabel? Especialy of the gate control and shut off?

Thanks again
    I hope the cash flow allows a new spreader soon.

10. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Could you give more detailed information on the new changes as far as the hopper and the gate activator. The rope system always concerned me. Do you have any pictures you could refer us too on the new unit? Can you give info on pricing, I do not see the new model on the Lesco site?

Thank you
    Jay