No Velke or Proslide on JD 7H19?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scout_pete, May 5, 2005.

1. scout_pete

scout_pete LawnSite Member

I just learned the rear frame of the 7H19 doubles as the hydro resevoir and cannot be drilled. There are no other accessible frame mounts, either. Anyone find a way to attach a velke or other stander behind the new JD W/Bs?

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesent JD make a velke for it?

3. scout_pete

scout_pete LawnSite Member

According to their website and my dealer, ...Nope

4. mhunt

mhunt LawnSite Member
    from SE

not too familiar with the frame on the JD, but if it's strong enough you can't empty the resevoir and just weld a bracket on there?

5. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

Here is what someone had done for that. We have not yet made our own bracket for it because of low demand and because we have other higher priorities. John Deere and other mower mfg's should wake up and see that they're hurting their own mower sales by not making it easy to attach a Velke.

velke4JD.jpg

6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

JD strickly recommends the Proslide sulky's on their walkbehinds. I found that out while im becoming a dealer for the proslides in my area. I would look into them, but they are about $350.00 new. They are making a cheaper version for this summer though.

7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

JD strickly recommends the Proslide sulky's on their walkbehinds. I found that out while im becoming a dealer for the proslides in my area. I would look into them, but they are about $350.00 new. They are making a cheaper version for this summer though.

8. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

I find it hard to believe that any mower manufacturer would recommend a sulky with no wheels over ones with wheels because of the extra drag/load it puts on their mower and thus more wear and tear and potential for warranties.

JV

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Exmark solved there problem:clapping:

ezrider.jpg

10. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Encore and Bunton also have no problem attaching a sulky. They go on in about 20 minutes or so.