1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No were to put brush

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Shane Nelson, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Shane Nelson

Shane Nelson LawnSite Member

Were do you guys get rid of your brush from jobs.
  2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

County dump.
  3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

On my burn pile...'bout the size of a small state right now! Need more rain before I burn though.
  4. Bluegrass Group

Bluegrass Group LawnSite Member

Whenever and where ever I can I rent a chipper and chip it on sight and blow it into natural areas then pine straw over it.
  5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Friend in church has a large hole he's trying to fill in ... should take a while. ;)
  6. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I put it on my property.
  7. eskals

eskals LawnSite Member

Local compost facility takes it for $20/ton, $20 minimum. A little pricey, but not terrible. If I have a bigjob with a lot of brush, then I will rent a chipper.

8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Usually the burn pile ...but it has been so dry here we rented a bin for now.
  9. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a place by me that recycles Everything, Bushes, stumps, Ect. all the stuff that a average materials supplier won't take. The best part is it gets recycled, instead of occupying space in a landfill.

The City dump won't touch anything like dirt, or organic material. I have seen waste disposal trucks empty 40yd bins on the street because they were full of sod tearout, yet you can load them to the top with asphalt and plaster without a problem.

Jim L
  10. eskals

eskals LawnSite Member

Isn't there a law in Michigan that prevents organic stuff like grass clippings, tree branches, etc from going to a landfill? Those types of things must go to a recycle/compost facility.

Strange thing though. I cannot take sod to the compost facility. It must go to the landfill. Go figure.