No wonder people look down on the profession

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by All_Clear, Jan 22, 2007.

1. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Ran across this ad today..... No wonder people think were all uneducated! :hammerhead:

First Class Landscaping, Inc. is hiring (12) seasonal/ temporary Landscape Laborers from 3/1/07-11/30/07 to mow grass with push type mower, trim
    along walkways, water trees & flowers. No education, experience, or skills required. $7.27/hr w/ no overtime expected. Interested applicants should contact or send resumes to any local Indiana Workforce Development office for referral to the employer and refer to ID# 8337519

All Clear
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

wow, sounds like they are extremely hard up and can't find any help at all. maybe if they would up their wage some, they might have a better chance of finding someone that is at least employable.
  3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What a GREAT comeback by the COLTS! The biggest comeback in NFL history in a Championship game ... EVER!
  4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Idiots should have made that ad in spanish.
  5. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

damn the colts!damn them to hell,uhhgh ,grass whacker where are you when i need someone smited ,smote not sure!.:laugh: :laugh:
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$7.27 an gotta be kidding me!
  7. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I think they are trying to get emp. through the H2B program and from what i have read they need to prove that they cant find any local help. Thats what it sounds like to me!
  8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I'd have to agree. You place the hourly rate low enough that they don't generate any leads and then they have their proof on paper.
  9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

That ad could have read...hiring experienced landscaper's, must have 15years experience and so on and have the same type of applicants apply.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I'm with you rod. I'm going down there now!!!! see you there:)