NOAA forecast for MarchAprilMay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark McC, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

2. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

It's been a long time since my last NOAA class in college.
    I have no idea what it said.
    Can you help?

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I left my BS degree in Meteorology at home today...what are we looking at.....

4. Mark McC

I provided the wrong link in the first part of this thread. The map is for the month of March only.

The map on top is for temperatures. The area shaded in blue is expected to experience lower than normal temperatures for the month of March. The area shaded in tan or brown or whatever that color is will likely see above average temps during March. Other areas, labeled EC, may register temps that are average, above average or below average in March.

The lower map is for precipitation. Green is used to indicate above-average precipitation totals for March. Other indices are the same as depicted in the temperature map.

To the left of the temperature map, see the section for "More Outlooks." The first link underneath is "0.5mn MAM 2005." That gives you the same forecasting tool for March, April and May this year.

5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

So help me out here Mark. What is it saying weather wise for the next two or three months?

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The top map in the link shows temps. The blue shadings means cooler than normal temps. Darker the blue, the more cool. The orange is for above normal temps. Darker orange, warmer. The bottom map on the page shows precipitation. The green is for above normal rainfall. Darker green, more rain. The tan is for drier than normal, darker the tan, more dry it will be.

7. Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked LawnSite Member

I use the old farmer's almanac website myself.....it let's you see the current and following month in advance.

8. Mark McC

Okay, since you brought it up, what does the Farmer's Almanac say about March?