1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nobody knows of us

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DynaMow, Sep 20, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

Evertime I get a chance to talk to another local LCO they have never heard of lawnsite.com. Every time I meet a new guy I mention lawnsite to them and they have never heard of this place. This has happened at least 20 times this season.

It makes me wonder. If there are 40,000 plus members here, how many more are there to come? Not sure if I should be giving that information to my competion, of a tool that has been so helpful to my business, but I think if it helps the industry it helps me.

What are your thoughts?
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I don't discuss LAWNSITE with anyone except members here.

why would I want to turn my competition or homeowners onto the wealth of information contained here-in?

sorry SEAN!

GEO :laugh: :waving:
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Agreed! Why is there even a "home owners" forum in here?:confused: :hammerhead:
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I share it with people. The idea behind this and other similar sites is to raise the standard. To improve each other and our service based on sharing information, work, and techniques. I WANT everyone around me to know that we are getting a higher price, so that they will want to get a higher price, too. Without discussing specifics, - as it is not necessary to share my pricing, atleast we can all raise our bar a bit so that we are all asking decent pricing and reducing the amount of low pricing through a system of general standards. Besides that, I am more than happy to help local lco's out even withOUT LS. Not to ring my own bell or anything, but I am blessed to have a great reputation in my area, and am well known to be friendly, and I am well respected. It is nothing but awesome to be approached by people whom I have no idea who they are, but they seem to know quite a bit about me through what they have heard and seen. I get told all the time - "I've seen you and your truck around for years and years. It's good to finally meet you."
    That is a good feeling. I don't know,....I guess I just like helping people. I am the kind of guy that if I see another lco on the road broke down, I will stop and see if I can help if I can. The way I see it, we're all in it together, and there is sort of a "camaraderie" with us. I just have fun...No different than if we met each other on a canoe trip, or something. Life is too short.
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

First Rule of Lawnsite: Don't Talk About Lawnsite.
    (From the movie Fight Club):p
  6. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

These are my thoughts exactly
  7. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Shows just how many lco's there are out there.
  8. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I think the same thing, I would really like for the lco's in my area to work together, rather than hate on each other. Get to know everyone a little more.
  9. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

damn you beat me to it!:)
  10. greatlawns

greatlawns LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Yeah, this is a great site. Don't want the competition to know all about it :rolleyes: