NOFA graduate questions

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by adforester, Aug 20, 2011.

1. replenish&subdue

replenish&subdue LawnSite Senior Member

Barry,
    I think you draw a good bridge between the natural/organic and those of us who need crabgrass control and need a pre emerge. If the shipping was more affordable I would be using your product. The price is reasonable for the specialty fertilizer it is. A word of thanks for your input on this forum over the years.

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Tim & Replenish, thank you for your kind words. Hay, no need to apologize just check your facts before making any personal attack.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Hay has an agenda, and facts are not a part of that agenda.

4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

http://www.techterraorganics.com/te...tt-published-pnla-magazine-and-njlca-magazine

Great article Phasthound.

I remember when the boys would talk about stuff like this in 2003-2004 on this site. Guys like Lawrence Stone or Ric.

I do wish you would put more emphasis on the importance of Synthetic Pesticides, I still feel using words like ORGANIC PHC are making people think that Synthetic Pesticides (ones that are proven to work and work well) are not needed and should be a tool that is taken away from Professional Applicators.

Does NOFA agree with and teach their members to use Synthetics when needed or is their message Synthetics are not required as their are suitable Low Risk products available?

I am hoping you do not take these questions as personal, as that is not my intention.

HayBay.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  5. HayBay

from Ontario

Could we not take an Organic Based Plant Health Care approach and run a Nursery or Turf Farm?

It would be revolutionary and you would be a Star.

Just a thought.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I remember when this forum was active, the claim was made that spraying compost tea on the walls inside the nursery would outdo the pathogens otherwise common in a greenhouse.

Don't know if it has ever caught on...

7. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Really? Someone claimed that?

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, it was ICT Bill, but there was never any real followup and I often wondered if it was actually doable...
    Too much Urban Legend everywhere... :)

9. cecropia11

cecropia11 LawnSite Member

So dicamba acid has some pre emergent control but for how long once it is applied to the soil.

10. HayBay

from Ontario

Not to bring up an old post, but I thought I should point out an overlooked detail about Prodiamine ( Cavalcade )

This is from the EPA website:

Pesticide Carcinogenic3.JPG

Pesticide Carcinogenic2.JPG

Pesticide Carcinogenic.JPG

Pesticide Carcinogenic3.JPG

Pesticide Carcinogenic2.JPG

Pesticide Carcinogenic.JPG