NOFA (Northeast Organic Farming Association)

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by GreenthumbGA, Apr 9, 2008.

1. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

Has any one taken any of their classes?

Can you take them online?

Are there any other courses that can be taken?

Just checking............

2. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Clicky

That should lead you in the right direction.

3. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

I just took the 5 day course, a lot of areas of organics covered in the course. I had a great time and thought it to be well worth it. I don't believe they are available online. We had 2 long distance travelers, 1 guy came from Oregon and the other Ohio.

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Michael,
    How many attended? It seems like a lot of information to fit into 5 days was your head swimming after.

Is there a single NOFA reference book that you used or was it more teachers teaching and you taking notes?

5. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Bill, I believe there were around 55+ people at the RI class. Yes ,the head was jammed w/ knowledge. They break up the 5 days w/ a weekend in between 3rd and 4th days. There is your 1 big study book that is about 3 inches thick. It is broken into each day, and goes along w/ the speakers power point presentation. Very little note taking, just high lighting what you need to. The food each day was great, included in class price. You definetly leave w/ an organic buzzzz. lol

6. sethmoss1

sethmoss1 LawnSite Member

I took the 5 day class in CT. It was well worth it. we also had about 60 people, and, the food was great. Lots of information in a week, it was a good intro into organic land care. I would recommend it.

7. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

I'm pumped....now along with the consultation fees I will be paying treegirl, (sacrificing food) I will have to find a way to pay for this..

8. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I took it in CT 5 years ago and there were only about 30 people. Like the others have said, A LOT of info in 5 days but well worth it. You do get some people that thin AL Gore is their environmental savior if you what I mean.