Noise canceling headphones

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by premierlawncare, Oct 16, 2005.

1. premierlawncare

premierlawncare LawnSite Member

Anyone use Noise canceling headphones? If so what brands?

I always use ear protection but I was thinking about getting a mp3 player and Noise canceling headphones to enjoy the music.:cool:

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Bose makes the best. Try them. They are expensive so i dont think you would want to use them while working.

3. jimmbo407

jimmbo407 LawnSite Member

I have a pair from homecheapo, $50.00. They are OK, they do not get very loud, you have to strain to hear some talk shows. Also reception can get tricky, the knob you tune in with is hard to know what freq. you are on.:waving:

4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i use my ipod, but i buy cheap head phones at walmart or whereever because all the dust and crap gets in the earphones and the sound doesnt work after a while. i would buy cheap head phones, maybe every 3 months

5. premierlawncare

premierlawncare LawnSite Member

Do the ipod earphones block out the mower and blower noise? I want to protect my ears too.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have 2 sets silencio and peltor react both of these were 169.99 each the silencio is rechargable.

7. bobcatnj

yea there not bad. kinda like having earplugs in. you always going to get noise

8. bobcatnj

i'd rather go deaf listening to metallica in my ear then going deaf from a mower engine or blower

9. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

No, he means the headsets that use electronic tone to isolate or eliminate noise. They 'hear' noise and can cancel it out by producing the exact opposite frequency. The idea is that if it can be produced on a grand scale there would be no need for car mufflers or quieter jet engines as the noise would be 'invisible' to the human ear. But, it has only been engineered for small applications as in headset so far.

They are used, on large scale, by pilots for several years and (as the fellow said above) Bose makes a set also that can be used by an airline passenger to rid yourself of bothersome noises.

http://www.bose.com/controller?even...p&linksource=centernav_img_headphonesheadsets

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

They are cool that is why ours were more expensive than the homedepots