1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Noise cancelling headphones

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by CosmoCain, Dec 26, 2013.

1. CosmoCain

CosmoCain LawnSite Member

Considering buying a set of these to use while running mowers, trimmers etc. Not real experienced in them so was wanting some input on brands or models. They are so expensive but I'm a music lover! Is there anyone out here that has used them and has a recommendation? and do they really cancel noise? Thanks!:usflag:
  2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

From what i understand, they use white noise, not music, to "cancel" noise. They really are for more subtle noise than mower sound. I think you would do better, and spend 1/3 of the amount of money if you used shooting ear protection.
  3. phoenixsteeler

phoenixsteeler LawnSite Member

They have 3m ones at staples for $50 with a radio in them. And they do really reduce the amount of noise
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

Bose QC-15 all the way. If your hearing is important to you then get the best. I just bought my second pair after 8 years using my 1st pair.
  5. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider LawnSite Member

6. CosmoCain

CosmoCain LawnSite Member

This is exactly what I was wondering about, so these cancel out mower noise pretty well huh?
  7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

8. Wright Lawn

Wright Lawn LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

9. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

When I purchased my Cheetah back July, I quickly realized that it would be noisier than my present cutting equipment. I purchased ear cuffs from Stihl thinking that would do the job ...... "NOT EVEN CLOSE"

I did a little more research and settled on these:

I hooked them up on a helmet I use to string-trim. They work very well. I can actually listen to my favorite tunes for the first time in years while trimming, and cutting.

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:
  10. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

How you been ? I haven't been on forums for a while. The normal radio ones are good but I do find they allow more noise in than the ear plugs I used to use. Might invest in a set of these sometime soon, have you tried them or know of anyone who's used them? Cheers