1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Noise cancelling headphones

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by CosmoCain, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Green. Happy New Year, hope its better than the last. Wont be hard!
    Anyway, yeah, I had a set of those Alerts once. They were great (far better than the usual Worktunes) for noise as they are true noise cancelling. Radio worked ok but I didn't have the patch lead for the phone etc. (That lead is a ripoff)
    They used to cost like $350 or so but I got a pair off ebay for $100. Just a lucky find. They stopped working in the end but being electronic, theres always a risk of that.
  2. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Yea Happy New Year! Sounds like I need to save my pennies!
  3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Heaps cheaper now! I guess our dollar was rubbish back then.
    Ive recently been thinking of getting a pair myself which is why I mentioned them here. What I can't say much about is there longevity. Worktunes are kind of cheap enough not to stress about too much but you have to be a little more careful with the Alerts. Microphones, more electronics etc.
  4. Luke S.

Luke S. LawnSite Member

I tried some of those little orange earbud things once, they were terrible. They barely did anything at all.
  5. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

I like these muffs,
    Low profile won't get knocked off by a tree branch, and a NRR (noise reduction rating) of 31dB.
    buds and plugs have to be installed exactly right or they don't work well.
  6. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Bose QC 15s are $225 free shipping this weekend on eBay. Just purchased them.
  7. Southlandlandscaping

Southlandlandscaping LawnSite Member

I used to use the beats ear buds and they were better than any of the actually 3m or other ear buds. Now i use the stihl ear muffs with the radio in them and love them. 10x better than the yellow pelter/ 3m ear muffs. Only downside to ear muffs rather than ear buds in the summer is heat
  8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Can't wear a hat with headphones, right?
  9. Southlandlandscaping

Southlandlandscaping LawnSite Member

I wear a baseball hat every day, never had a problem. Sometimes on the real hot days i go without it
  10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Muffs are hot and bulky. .try this...much cooler...phillips neckband...35 bucks