Noisy Lawnboy

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GrassInPA, Oct 10, 2004.

1. GrassInPA

GrassInPA LawnSite Member

Guys,

:help:

Kind of need help with this one because it has me really confused :dizzy: . I have a Lawnboy SilverPro series mower that is about two years old. During cutting today, when I would go to empty the bag the the engine would ping for a couple seconds and the blade would come squealing to a stop when let go of the handle. The mower still cuts fine and things like that, it's just I'm worried about something being broke inside or something like that. I really don't know what kind of details to provide.

Basically, just wondering if there was a grease fitting for the crankshaft and that or not. It wouldn't be a problem taking it to my dealer since they're only 5 minutes away, just looking to fix this myself if possible. Let me know if you guys need more info or not.

Thanks,

Zach :pumpkin:

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

clutch might be dirty, there isn't a zerk for the crankshaft, that's the oil's job

3. steinerguy

steinerguy LawnSite Member

I have a model 10323 6.5hp. When I let go of the handle and it shuts of the mower, it too has started to squeel. What I have discoved is the flywheel break is steel and it rubs on the aluminuim flywheel and grinds things to a stop. I have not stopped at my dealer to see if there a something that belongs on the tip of the break. I assume there is as it did not do this till lately.

Yours maybe doing the same.

4. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

On my Cub 21", I slowly release handle untill engine dies before brake engages. Saves alot of wear and tear. payup

Don't know if you can do this on your Lawnboy or not.

5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Every blade/engine brake band or brake arm I have ever seen there is brake shoe material on it just like the brake shoes on your car. You need to change the brake band (brake arm )or it will mess up your flywheel.