NON---bagging Navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Oct 20, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

would you like to see exmark come out with a non bagging navigator?? the kind that walker mower has. I would think the updated triton or the ultracut would be nice/

John

2. John Gamba

from ct

Tuff crowd tonight

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Do they still make an Ultracut? Is it possible to order a new mower from them with the ultracut?

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

You mean like the old non-bagging Explorers they used to build before they came out with Lazer????

5. John Gamba

from ct

Lazer as and the front runner have ultracuts

6. John Gamba

from ct

The explorer bagged

7. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

The explorer also had a 52" side disc. deck available. I think that the nav should have one or two different size S.D. decks.

8. John Gamba

from ct

They will:) but its less expensive to buy one with no bagger so you can bag at will with the same deck.I'm after the small out front mower that does not bag like the walker or navigator.

9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not all Explorers bagged. Toward the end of the Explorers production run (early 90's) Exmark built an Explorer w/ a carrier tray instead of the dedicated catcher. This unit used a side discharge deck. I don't think Exmark sold too many of these units, I've never seen any in my area. Come to think of it I only remember ever seeing 2 Explorers with the dedicated catchers around here. Now Lazer's are a different story. It seems that 75-80% of the mowing contractors around me use Lazer Z's.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i like to see all new ideas they have and john has a good point