Non compete

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by chris erwin, Sep 11, 2012.

1. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean, a lot of those type of people out there, thats why its good to get it in writing. Good luck, do good work and you will make up the loss

2. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I was brought up in such a way to only trust your: Spouse and your parents. That's the way I lived my life for the most part, and I consider myself lucky. I know many people don't even have that.

3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry if the tone of my response made it sound like I felt what he was doing is ok. I do not feel that way, just saying taking him to court would be a waste without something in writing.

4. SERIOUSLY, send smeone to break his leg.

5. chris erwin

chris erwin LawnSite Member

I like to do that myself. Shows you care:)

6. Durabird02

Durabird02 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. Karma will get him. What he did was not right, but i'm sure it happens all of the time. Even with a poorly written non-compete, there is little you can do if he is just an employee of this other company. If there is ever a next time, make sure you have a lawyer write up the agreement and get it notorized. The verbage will have to say something about having no contact with the customers being sold to you, and that he will not give their information to anyone else. You live and you learn...