1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Non-greasy sunscreen

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tacoma200, May 29, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

For starter I hate sunscreen but I use it anyway. I hate the greasy shinny feeling on my skin. I have tried a few brands but even when the bottle says non greasy it's still usually too oily for me. Any suggestions on a good brand?
  2. johnb143

johnb143 LawnSite Member

I use Coppertone Sport spray-on sunscreen. Not greasy at all, has some alcohol-type base to it that evaporates right after you spray it on (I say this only because if you spray it on an open wound or existing sunburn you'll know it).
  3. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

We always wondered how the "spray" sunscreens stay-put without the grease content? Prolly a whole lot better than zero sunscreen.

We still put the Coppertone 45 sunscreen on on everything from chest and arms on-up - under 18" diameter tan Aussie Bush hats , long sleeve white dress shirts from the thrift stores (add the mesh Class 2 safety vest near our roadways), khaki long pants work together to beat back some rays.
  4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Check out "Bull Frog" or "Banana Boat Sports" gel sunscreens! They are instant dry, non greasy and seem to work all day even when sweating.
  5. Both really good brands. But I didn't know about the gel based sunscreen. Thanks for the tip.

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

No worries!
    Get a hold of a small bottle/tube and give it a try. Its the only way you'll find out!
    The gel is clear and dries out almost instantly. Hard to explain!
    Well worth checking out anyway!
  7. djslyde

djslyde LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I use coppertone sport spf 50 it blocks out the uva and uvb rays. I use this every day and it is non greasy. My girlfriend even started to wear this after we went to an indians game. she wont wear anything else.She also has Melanoma (skin cancer) so if she is wearing it it must be good :) She is 20 years old went through 1 year of chemo and now going through countless scans and tests. i hope everyone is aware of how important sunblock is .i'm glad people are thinking about sun safety.
  8. PastyWhite

PastyWhite LawnSite Member
    from Jax, FL

I've always used Coppertone sport. I've heard good things about Bull Frog though.