non-immigrant worker

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bigviclbi, Feb 2, 2005.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

hi i am looking to get information on filling out a h2b form. does anyone have information? i have the forms but am having trouble with the certificate of labor.

2. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic LawnSite Member

Its too late if your trying to get them this year. They started filling this years spots in Oct of last year. The 66,000 cap was filled close of business Jan3 of this year.

The certificate of labor comes from your states labor dept. I know in my state the want a letter of explanation why you need these labors, they want to see you have tried to get labors from advertising, and they want to see 1 year of your payroll records to see that you really need them unless you have some explanation why you need more than you currently employ i.e. unexpected business growth or expanding services.

I wouldn't go at it on your own I would strongly recommend hiring a company to do it for you. These people knows the ins and outs and will steer you in the right direction so that you get your visa. This year a lot of honest guys who had h2b's in the past didn't get them cause they or the company representing them didnt get their papers processed in time. Its all one big game if thats why before you spend dime consult the experts. Its well worth it.

We luckily had our stuff in to the new home land security/INS department on Dec. 23 and to me that was cutting it close. We have 25 visa locked in.

PM me if you would like me to refer you to a really good company who will steer you in the right direction and have processed 1000's of visas and have recruiters in 7 countries so you can take your pick.

I also know of a company that will supply you at no charge Chinese and Korean and other asians at no charge to you. The only catch is it takes about a year to process and asians as far as I know don't work as fast as the spanish....And this is coming from a guy who is half Irish/Asian.....

3. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Thanks that sucks though because the reason I didn't file sooner was it says you can't do it more than 120 days before you need them, and I wanted the workers to come april 1st. If you could post the company name for me that would be great for next year, thanks. It really sucks cause I trained a guy all last year to be a foreman, he was here illegally and went home. Oh well, if stuff like this didn't happen I might actually be making $$.

4. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

It sounds, by the tone of Bush' State of the Union speech last night, that perhaps some real progress will be made on the immigrant labor issue.

He ackowledged last night that there are jobs that Americans simply won't take. That's a huge step in the right direction.

Now if we can just match a "willing worker with a willing employer" without paying some Jackazz thousands of dollars to figure out how to get it through the government's red tape, we'll be on the right track.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

5. desertrat

desertrat LawnSite Member

Why not just get people with SS cards? You have no burden as the employer to investigate as to whether they are legitimate or not.