non liscensed sprayer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Spring Valley Lawn Service, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Ok I m in the mowing business and some small landscape jobs here and there. I m not in the spraying business. I have a large lot. Scott's sprays my front yard. I can't afford the back or side lot. Is there anything I can spray while Bermuda is dormant and what can I spray when it greens up.

2. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

So this is your house? If so, you can get some products at Home Depot for weed control. If you are doing it for money, you can't even spray roundup without a license.

3. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

If you are talking about your own home, as the homeowner you can spray all you want, no license required, but only your own property, and you can't pollute the environment, you are responsible for that. Dormant bermuda is about the easiest thing there is to spray, but you have to determine exactly what it is you want to spray and what exactly your trying to accomplish. Bermuda is forgiving, but you can mess it up if your not careful, make a plan.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I'd have to argue the bermuda is not completely dormant this year.

5. Dream Green irrigation

Dream Green irrigation LawnSite Member

I sub out my sites to a guy. He takes care of my place for free!!:drinkup::cool2:

6. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Your right, that need's to be checked closely.

7. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Yes this my house. I don't have time to spray nor want to go to school get a liscense or watever I need. Thanks for the help.