Non OEM Backhoe for B7800 Kubota

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by RedRed, Aug 8, 2004.

1. RedRed

RedRed LawnSite Member
    from PA

Just wondered if any of you own a Kubota B7800, B2910 or B2410 and have put a non OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) backhoe on and what results you got. I have a new B7800 that I would like to put a backhoe on but don't have enough work (or money) for a Kubota backhoe which costs about $6k. I know Befco, Woods and other reputable companies make them to fit these tractors but if they're useless then I will pursue/justify the kubota backhoe.

Attached (hopefully) is a picture of my rig. Taken very early in the a.m. so its kinda dark.

Any info you have is appreciated.

Thanks.

dvc00080.jpg

2. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman LawnSite Member

Woods, Bradco, Landpride, Bushhog, etc.
    There are probably 6 or 7 quality backhoe manufacturers for compact tractors and a few not so quality ones.
    Here are a couple of good reference sites to go to.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php
    http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/summary.pl

Some of the aftermarket backhoes are of as good quality as the tractor manufacturer ones but youre probably not going to find a good backhoe for much less than $5000. Theyre all priced real close, including the ones that the tractor companies sell. The Italians are selling some real cheap but after sales support is nonexistant for them.
    Another thing to consider is whether you want to spend alittle more for a subframe mounted backhoe as opposed to a 3 point hitch mount.
    Last year I was in the market for a CUT backhoe for my Kubota 3130. I went with the Kubota BL4690 backhoe (basically the same one that fits your tractor). Its been a good backhoe with no problems but if I had it to do over again, I would save up for a used mini trackhoe. I wouldnt say that any of the CUT mounted backhoes are useless. I would say that they are all limited compared to a purpose built digger.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Do not put an after market hoe on a kubota. It voids your warrenty. The aftermarker hoes are universal. The manufacturer of after market hoe has no idea of what stresses it would put on the tractor. Saving $1500 now might cost you $15,000 later when your tractor breaks in half. The kubota hoe was designed for the B7800 by kubota by the engineer that designed the tractor. Not another engineer taking a guess. I plan to get a Backhoe for my B7500 someday. It will be a Kubota one.

I am not saying after market hoes are bad, but can cause problems later on.

4. CookTractor

CookTractor LawnSite Member

we have put several Kubota backhoes on the Kubota B2910, awesome diggin power